With 24/7 available physician and nursing services, our 7-bed unit includes a trauma room, cardiac monitoring beds and treatment rooms.
Our staff provides for urgent care and minor procedures. Patients requiring more extensive medical assistance are transferred to the nearest city centre where specialized care is available.
- Be sure to bring your Health Card.
- You will be asked if you have been in contact with anyone with a respiratory illness.
- Always bring your medications including non prescription drugs.
- Patients are seen according to severity of illness, not time of arrival.
- Consider making an appointment with your health care provider at the Northern Horizon Health Center for non-urgent concerns.
- Vending machines with beverages and snacks are available in the Emergency waiting room and meals can be purchased in the Food Services Department from 12:00pm - 1:00pm