By electronically transporting medical specialists in distant communities via two-way television, most patients can be assessed by videoconferencing as if they had just travelled hundreds of km or more to their specialist’s office.
Welcome to telemedicine!
You will be contacted by an OTN Coordinator who will arrange your telemedicine appointment.
You must register in the emergency department prior to your appointment.
You will need to present health card at registration.
Once registered, go to the Telemedicine studio.
Please bring to your appointments
- A current list of medications you take daily including any over the counter medications and/or vitamins/supplements.
- A list of any allergies you may have!
- The telemedicine coordinator is present to complete any protocols requested by your physician prior to your appointment.
- I am there to advocate for you during your appointment.
- Bilingual services can be arranged if requested prior to your appointment.